Cardinals vs. Phillies Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 15
The Philadelphia Phillies (79-67) and St. Louis Cardinals (65-81) clash in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Busch Stadium, at 8:15 PM ET. The Phillies are coming off a series defeat to the Braves, and the Cardinals a series win over the Orioles.
The probable pitchers are Aaron Nola (12-9) for the Phillies and Zack Thompson (5-5) for the Cardinals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cardinals vs. Phillies Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
- Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV: Apple TV+
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Venue: Busch Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Nola - PHI (12-9, 4.64 ERA) vs Thompson - STL (5-5, 4.06 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Phillies vs Cardinals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Phillies vs Cardinals Odds|
|Phillies vs Cardinals Prediction|
|How to Watch Phillies vs Cardinals|
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zack Thompson
- Thompson (5-5) takes the mound first for the Cardinals in his seventh start of the season. He's put together a 4.06 ERA in 51 2/3 innings pitched, with 59 strikeouts.
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday, the left-hander went five innings against the Cincinnati Reds, giving up three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- In 22 games this season, the 25-year-old has put up a 4.06 ERA and 10.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .274 to opposing hitters.
- Thompson has one quality start this season.
- Thompson is aiming for his third straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 2.3 innings per start.
- In 11 of his appearances this season he has not give up an earned run.
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Aaron Nola
- The Phillies' Nola (12-9) will make his 30th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs in 4 1/3 innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Miami Marlins.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 4.64, a 4.2 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.168 in 29 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start 13 times in 29 starts this season.
- Nola has made 25 starts of five or more innings in 29 chances this season, and averages 6.1 frames when he pitches.
- He has finished three appearances without allowing an earned run in 29 chances this season.
- The 30-year-old ranks 40th in ERA (4.64), 18th in WHIP (1.168), and 19th in K/9 (9.4) among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Aaron Nola vs. Cardinals
- The Cardinals are batting .252 this season, 13th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .425 (10th in the league) with 200 home runs.
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Cardinals in one game, and they have gone 1-for-22 with a double over seven innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.