COLLINSVILLE (KMOV.com) - A Metro East community is rallying behind a family who lost pretty much everything when their house went up in flames.

The fire happened in Collinsville late Friday night while the family was at the hospital because a child was sick with asthma.

Now, they say they wouldn't be where they are without the community’s support.

Copyright 2019 KMOV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.