MARYLAND HEIGHTS , Mo. (KMOV.com) -- A brand new ice complex will open up in Maryland Heights Saturday.
It will also be the new practice facility for the St. Louis Blues.
Opening its doors at 11 a.m., the Centene Community Ice Center will offer a day full of celebrations in honor of their grand opening-- including free public skating session, food and hockey games.
The following hockey games will be held this afternoon:
- Blues Sled Hockey at 3:30 p.m.
- Blues Blind Hockey Game at 4:10 p.m.
- St. Louis Blues Special Hockey at 4:50 p.m.
- Celebrity/Coaches Hockey Game at 5:45 p.m.
- Police vs. Fire Hockey at 7:15 p.m
- Co-ed intra-squad Lindenwood University Hockey at 8:45 p.m.
The $84 million ice complex will have two other indoor rinks at the facility, each named after a Blues alum. Also, there will be public skating, training and special events held there.
And the first 3,000 people will receive a ticket, making them eligible for prizes.
Blues training camp opens next Saturday.The Note aren't the only ones who will be practicing here. The rink will also be the official home of Lindenwood hockey.