Abortions in Illinois increased about 7% from 2017 to 2018, mostly from residents of the state who were seeking the procedure, according to the health department.
Metro East Headlines
Hunters brought in more than 153,000 deer during the latest archery and firearm seasons, according to updates totals that Illinois officials released this week.
EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. (KMOV.com) – A woman who prosecutors say was under the influence of prescription drugs during a wrong-way crash in Madison County, Illinois was sentenced to prison Friday.
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed a law Friday capping monthly insulin costs at $100 for people covered by state-regulated commercial health insurance plans.
Employees working at Family Dollar in Belleville are frustrated after they say someone stole their heater in September and corporate still won't replace it even as temperatures dip below freezing.
ALTON, Ill. (KMOV.com) -- A 200-foot bluff in Alton partially collapsed Tuesday taking out part of a wall that’s an iconic gathering spot because of its view of the Mississippi River.
EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. (KMOV.com) -- The Madison County Board approved a vaping ban for anyone under the age of 21, bringing the county in-line with state law.
- 4Warn Alert: Patchy fog, Slick Spots Possible Monday Morning
- Kim Gardner claims police held her for 15 minutes during traffic stop; surveillance video shows differently
- Basketball legend Kobe Bryant and daughter killed in helicopter crash
- Arizona woman gets emergency surgery after vibrator gets stuck in her bladder
- 5 ramps along I-64 to close permanently as St. Louis prepares for NGA, MLS stadium
- Eureka school administration responds to racist social media post
- Struggling church asks older members to go away to appeal to young families
- Truck crashes into 2 tractor trailers; all lanes of I-44 near Sullivan closed
- Two people in custody after double shooting in Jefferson County
- Man found dead 4 days after he went missing in Caseyville, police say
Areas of freezing fog early. Mostly cloudy skies. High 37F. Winds light and variable.
Overcast. Low 27F. Winds light and variable.
Cloudy. High 36F. Winds light and variable.