SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — The number of people voting on Election Day in Illinois is likely to be reduced, with more people choosing to vote by mail due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Metro East Headlines
ILLINOIS (KMOV.com) -- Metro East counties under additional restrictions in Illinois' reopening plan have seen their COVID-19 positivity rate fall and may soon have those restrictions lifted.
A North St. Louis County boarding facility is defending itself after an Illinois man said one of his dogs died while under the owner's care and believes the true cause of death is being covered up.
EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. (KMOV.com) – Illinois State Senators Paul Schimpf (R-Waterloo) and Jason Plummer (R-Edwardsville) are calling on Gov. J.B. Pritzker to immediately remove the increased restrictions in the Metro East.
MADISON COUNTY, Ill. (KMOV.com) -- Some local courthouses are slowly opening again, testing the waters of holding jury trials in criminal cases amid the outbreak of COVID-19.
Students, teachers and staff within the Diocese of Belleville have been in the classroom for nearly a month, as many other districts remain learning from a distance.
Cases of the novel coronavirus remain on the rise at nursing homes around the country and the virus has infected 1,908 residents and staff and claimed 347 lives at nursing homes in Illinois counties in News 4's viewing area, for a case-fatality rate of 18%.
St. Clair County residents are being encouraged to get tested for COVID-19 to bring down the positivity rate.
- Videos show fights on St. Charles' Main Street, angering residents
- CDC abruptly removes guidance about airborne coronavirus transmission, says update 'was posted in error'
- Carjacker held couple hostage for hours in Tennessee before killing the husband, investigators say
- 'COVID is serious;' Local woman battling virus records message of warning days before her death
- WANTED: Man sought after shooting outside Sky Zone in Chesterfield
- St. Louis County announces COVID-19 transmission due to youth sports activities
- A killer's confession, 30 years in the making | 'You know everybody is gone, you're going to be the one they are coming after'
- Body camera video shows officer-involved shooting of 13-year-old with Asperger's after mom calls for help
- Peek Inside: Historic $1.8 million Kirkwood home
- 'The numbers are not adding up;' group of parents stand outside Sam Page's office demanding answers
Currently in St. Louis, MO