COLLINSVILLE, Ill. (KMOV.com) -- The story of 71-year-old Clyde Simmons began as a happy one.
Metro East Headlines
GRAFTON, Ill. (KMOV.com) -- As new cases of COVID-19 continue to be reported in Missouri and Illinois, some area cities are not shying away from Fourth of July festivities.
“My only child, my best friend,” recalls Kristi DiMarco, her mom. “I knew nothing about it until 20 minutes after the accident happened and I got my first phone call.”
The move comes as the state shifts into phase four of reopening. The new website tool includes a warning system to highlight any counties with surges and high increase in positive tests.
61-year-old Steven P. Tibbetts, served as the head pastor at Resurrection Lutheran Church in Godfrey. He is facing a charge of distributing child pornography.
UNION, Mo. (KMOV.com) -- A man was taken into custody after allegedly leading police on a bi-state chase Monday afternoon.
Three teens and three adults are in custody in connection with the fatal shooting of a 16-year-old that happened Wednesday evening in Belleville, police say.
CASEYVILLE, Ill. (KMOV.com) - A man was shot at his Metro East home by suspects early Sunday morning who followed him home from a nightclub in Centreville, police say.
Cases of the novel coronavirus remain on the rise at nursing homes around the country and the virus has infected 1,066 residents and staff and claimed 175 lives at nursing homes in Illinois counties in News 4's viewing area.
ILLINOIS (KMOV.com) -- Illinois Governor JB Pritzker released the guidelines for businesses to reopen part of the state's Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan, which went into effect Friday.
GRAFTON, Ill. (KMOV.com) -- As part of phase four of Illinois' reopening plan, Raging Rivers water park in Grafton is reopening, just in time for some of the hottest temperatures of the summer.
Residents of a southwestern Illinois community want a statue of the state’s third governor removed from a public plaza, arguing that he owned slaves and used his power to protect the practice.
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (KMOV.com) - More than 20 cases of foodborne illness are connected to pre-packaged store-brand salads that were sold in Aldi, Hy-vee and Jewel Osco locations across Illinois, state health officials said Saturday.
- Central West End couple explains why they pointed guns at protesters who demanded Krewson's resignation
- Mandatory face mask rule now in effect for St. Louis City and County
- 4Warn Forecast: Few Friday showers or storms
- Experts examine whether it was legal for St. Louis couple to point guns at protesters
- 'Some of us choose to speak up following the horrific event': McCloskey neighbors condemn gun-wielding
- St. Louis CA investigating after protesters clash over King Louis IX statue in Forest Park
- Tracking COVID-19: Breaking down case numbers in Missouri, Illinois
- Man charged with molesting children at St. Louis City daycare
- Changes coming to unemployment, food stamp recipients this month
- Catholics and protesters clash over Louis IX statue in Forest Park
Currently in St. Louis, MO