Investigators: space heater likely caused North St. Louis fire

A fire broke out in a home on Angelica St. in North St. Louis Saturday morning. (Credit: KMOV)

Several people are looking for a new place to stay after an overnight fire in North St. Louis.

Fire crews rushed out to Angelica St. near Fairground Park around 2 a.m. Saturday and found heavy fire on the second floor.

The two-story building burned for about an hour before firefighters were able to put out the fire.

Four adults were inside the building but all of them made it out safely.

Investigators say a portable space heater likely caused the fire.

Copyright 2018 KMOV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Recommended for you