ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) – Public comment is now open on a plan for what’s in store for the future of downtown St. Louis.
The “Design Downtown STL Master Plan” is the result of a year-long collaborative process to create a vision for what the next 10 years will look like in the area. Over 2,000 residents and stakeholders participated in the process to create the plan.
“Design Downtown STL” envisions a Downtown where al people and communities come together and thrive – regardless of race, ethnicity, age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, language, income, ability and other identity markers,” reads part of the draft plan.
There are five goals of “Design Downtown STL”:
- Realize downtown’s potential to be the region’s premiere walkable, diverse urban neighborhood
- Expand the downtown economy to support startups, entrepreneurs, existing and growing businesses
- Redesign and activate our streets for a dynamic bike, pedestrian, & transit network
- Invest in an open space network to provide vibrant public spaces and green infrastructure throughout downtown
- Uncover the stories, people, & places that make downtown unique
The plan also includes changes to zoning to allow for a wider range of business activity and to create regular “open street events” for food trucks and activities.
Click here to read the complete plan and give your input.