BROOKLYN, Ill. (KMOV.com) – Several first responders were taken to the hospital after responding to multiple overdoses at a Brooklyn, Illinois club early Friday morning.
Officers were called to Roxy’s nightclub on Madison Avenue just before 3 a.m. After arriving, emergency crews said they transported three people to the hospital.
Officials said the substance tested positive for Fentanyl after being investigated by the Illinois State Police Department's drug unit.
According to Washington Park fire officials, an officer was then taken to the hospital by another officer to get checked out after responding to the overdose situation.
During a media briefing just before 6 a.m., officials said another officer from Brooklyn and an EMS worker were also taken to the hospital.
Officials said the EMS worker and the officers likely came into contact with the Fentanyl while helping those who were overdosing.
About an hour after the first crews were called to the club, fire units from Brooklyn and Madison were dispatched for a possible hazmat situation.
The club was placed under quarantine after the incident.
Five of the six people taken to the hospital, including the three first responders, were treated and released hours after the incident. The sixth person was still listed in serious condition.
Copyright 2018 KMOV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved