ST. PETERS, Mo. (KMOV.com) - A St. Peters officer is on a ventilator after an accident that happened while he was mowing his lawn.

St. Peters officer Walsh

Officer Walsh and his family

Last week, officer Kevin Walsh was cutting grass when gasoline spilled onto his body before it ignited.

He suffered severe burns on his hands, legs, chest and face. Doctors estimate he will be in the hospital for at least a month and his recovery could take as long as six months.

A GoFundMe page has been started for his family.

Copyright 2019 KMOV (Meredith Corporation). All Rights Reserved

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.