UNION, Mo. (KMOV.com) – Three men died from what police believe is carbon monoxide poisoning at a duplex in Union, Mo.

Police say they responded to a call from a duplex in the 500 block of S. Washington Ave around 4:00 p.m. Tuesday. Someone told officers that the man who lived there had not been heard from since Monday. The property owner gave officers a key, and first responders discovered Edward Huddleston, 74, Verlyn Branson, 85, and John Branson, 58, dead.

Union Police Capt. Richard Neace said a vehicle left running in Huddleston’s garage overnight released the carbon monoxide that killed all three. Neace says no foul play is suspected, and investigators think the car may have accidentally been left running.

Copyright 2021 KMOV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.