Chef Martin shares his made from scratch Pancake recipe.
2 cups ap flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
4 each eggs, yolks and white separated
2 cups buttermilk
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Mix all dry ingredients together; sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Sift all ingredients together in bowl 3 times and set aside.
- Melt the butter over medium low heat or microwave. Do not burn the butter. Set aside to cool.
- Crack the eggs and separate the yolks and the whites (save both.) Whisk the egg whites until fluffy. Add the buttermilk to the egg whites.
- In a separate bowl, stir the yolks until blended. Add the sugar. Stir to incorporate. Add the cooled, melted butter slowly into the egg yolk mixture and slowly whisk the yolk mixture into the egg white mixture until fully incorporated.
- Slowly whisk the flour mixture into the wet mixture so that no clumps form. Whisk through to fluffy consistency and refrigerate for ten minutes.
- In a large skillet, generously spray non-stick spray into pan over medium-high heat.
- With a large spoon, spoon a cookie-sized portion of batter into the pan. When you see bubbles forming in the middle and a nice browning on the sides, it's time to flip them, if you are adding fruit, nuts, or any other add-ons top your cakes before you flip them, try to only flip once to keep your pancakes as fluffy as possible!