Second man arrested in triple shooting along St. Louis riverfront

A 31-year-old man has been charged for the triple shooting along the downtown St. Louis riverfront that left a man dead and two people wounded Wednesday.
Published: Apr. 13, 2022 at 8:35 AM CDT|Updated: Apr. 18, 2022 at 4:08 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOV) - A second person was arrested Thursday in a triple shooting along the downtown St. Louis riverfront that left a man dead and two people wounded.

Curtis Bailey, 32, is now facing a slew of charges including first-degree murder, assault, armed criminal action, tampering with evidence, tampering with a witness and failure to report a shooting. Prosecutors also charged Brandon Howard with first-degree murder, two counts of armed criminal action, and one count of shooting at a moving car last week.

Just before midnight, gunfire rang out near South Leonor K Sullivan Boulevard and Poplar Street adjacent to the Mississippi River where cars and people had congregated on April 13. Howard was spotted on surveillance video changing a tire on his car before spending time in another parked car, police say, before he put a blue ski mask over his head.

A few minutes later, police say a car driven by Fred Moore, 28, is seen on surveillance video crashing into other cars and a pole, with Howard being spotted firing shots toward the car. Passenger Lamar Jones, 28, then got out of the car in an attempt to run away but was chased by Jones. Police say surveillance video shows Howard raising his arms towards Jones.

Surveillance video then shows Howard going back to the car, and aiming a gun inside. Another person approached the car from the other side and fired a shot into the car. People surrounding the car then flee. Police later learned a 37-year-old wounded woman was dropped off at a local hospital after she was shot in the stomach.

Howard is facing the exact same charges for a shooting that happened on June 14, 2021. He is accused of firing shots into a car, killing 18-year-old Travis Morrow and wounding a 16-year-old girl. That shooting happened at the intersection of O’Fallon and Commercial Street on the North Riverfront.