Raw: Man returns home to find Collinsville home engulfed in flames

Print
Email
|

by KMOV.com Staff

KMOV.com

Posted on July 2, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Updated Saturday, Nov 9 at 10:19 PM

COLLINSVILLE, Ill.  (KMOV)— A Collinsville, Illinois homeowner returned home to find his house up in flames after powerlines are suspected to have sparked a fire Monday morning.

Firefighters arrived on scene at 25 Bellevue Drive after the fire broke out just after 8 a.m.

Roofers working at the home at the time of the blaze reportedly saw an electrical spark come from a power service line attached to the house.

No one was injured in the fire.

Fire officials had to call in three other departments to assist in the blaze. The house is believed to be a total loss with severe damage.

The cause of the fire is still under investigation.

 

 

 

 

 

Print
Email
|