(KMOV.com) -- A Florida family is grateful for their dog that put his own life at risk to save the family from a house fire.
The nine-month-old pit-bull named Onyx is recovering from burns all over his body after waking up his owners during a fire that broke out at the home.
The owner was then able to run upstairs and save two young children.
The entire family made it out of the home safely.
“If we didn’t hear him, we wouldn’t have gotten up,” said Onyx’s owner Sierra Plair, “And we would’ve been the ones in the hospital or dead or anything.”
Onyx is expected to make a full recovery.
Authorities are investigating the house fire as possible arson.