Ameren employee electrocuted while working to restore power in St. Ann

Print
Email
|

by KMOV.com Staff

KMOV.com

Posted on April 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Updated Friday, Apr 12 at 5:53 AM

ST. ANN (KMOV) – Ameren Missouri says one of its power line workers died while working to repair lines damaged in Wednesday night's storms.

According to authorities, the male worker was on a pole working to restore power to the 3500 block of San Jose in St. Ann when he was electrocuted at 10:30 a.m.

He was rushed to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead.

His name has not yet been released .

About 15,000 area customers remained without power as of Thursday afternoon.

Below is a statement released by Ameren Missouri.

"It is with tremendous regret and deep sadness we report an Ameren Missouri co-worker sustained an electrical contact at 10:30 a.m. during storm restoration efforts. He was transported to the hospital; however, he did not survive. The Ameren family of employees offer heartfelt sympathy and support to the family and loved ones of our co-worker." 

Print
Email
|