Greitens' attorney alleges former staffer stole Mission Continue - KMOV.com

Greitens campaign attorney alleges former staffer stole Mission Continues list to use against him

Posted: Updated:
Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens delivers the annual State of the State address to a joint session of the House and Senate, Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2018, in Jefferson City, Mo. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson) Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens delivers the annual State of the State address to a joint session of the House and Senate, Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2018, in Jefferson City, Mo. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson)

ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) -- An attorney representing Greitens For Missouri released an aggressive statement Thursday, claiming The Mission Continues donor list was actually stolen by a campaign staffer to use against  Governor Greitens.

“One of the allegations against the Governor is the improper use of a list of donors from the organization he founded, The Mission Continues,” the statement said. “Those allegations are unfounded. Representatives for the Governor have asked the Special Committee investigating the Governor for the chance to cross-examine the witnesses making these allegations. So far, they haven't been granted that ability. They ought to, because, based on our research, it turns out that one of those witnesses actually did steal this list and use it improperly—in support of one of the Governor's political rivals.”

The statement came from Catherine Hanaway, counsel for Greitens for Missouri.

Hanaway alleges a political organization called Patriots for America, which she says was supporting John Brunner in the Republican gubernatorial primary, emailed anti-Greitens attacks to members of the Mission Continues Donor list who donated $1,000 or above, a list they should not have had access to.

“An email sent by Patriots for America attacking the Governor was received by a personal friend of the Governor's—and TMC donor—who did not reside in Missouri, was not a Republican, was not a campaign donor, and was not even on the Greitens for Missouri email. The only list with his email was the The Mission Continues list,” Hanaway’s statement read.  

As for how the list was delivered to Patriots for America, Hanaway said former Greitens campaign Manager Danny Laub delivered it to Brunner’s group after leaving the campaign.

An email string purporting to show Greitens staffers voicing their suspicions of Laub was also sent to media, wherein several staffers assert that he is the only one with access.

The release ends with a call for the House investigative committee to investigate both Patriots for America as well as Laub, and also asks for the ability to cross-examine witnesses.

Laub later released a statement, denying wrongdoing:

 Danny Laub did not send any list of The Mission Continues, or anything else, to Patriots for America.

After he left the Greitens campaign in the Fall of 2015, Danny in all respects abided by nondisclosure agreements he had with Mr. Greitens and his organizations.

Danny has previously testified at great length and under oath about these matters.  He truthfully and completely answered the questions asked of him.  He has no interest in the outcome of the various investigations and inquiries now going on.  We do note, for what it’s worth, that after he left the campaign Danny remained a supporter of Mr. Greitens in his efforts to be elected governor of Missouri.

Danny, and his attorneys, are offended at the baseless allegations made against him today.

Copyright 2018 KMOV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly