4 red apples, cored and halved, leave the skin on
Juice from ½ a lemon
3 tbl apricot fruit jam/preserves
1 cup water
1 sheet puff pastry
1 tbl cinnamon, I prefer Vietnamese cinnamon
Powdered sugar for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a muffin tin
- Thinly slice apples, place in microwave safe bowl along with 2 tbl water and lemon juice
- Microwave apple mixture for 3 minutes to precook the apples and soften them. Remove from microwave
- Flour counter or breadboard and place a sheet of puff pastry on it. Roll out enough to make 5 strips that are 3 inches wide.
- In a small bowl combine the jam and 2 tbl water to thin out the jam.
- Spoon jam on to center of each strip, place the apple slices long ways halfway up along the whole strip of pastry, then fold the pastry over the bottom of the apple slices.
- Roll each strip of apple pastry and place in a greased muffin tin. Finish the remainder of roses.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cook for 5 minutes. Then dust with (optional) powdered sugar.