Child hospitalized after fire likely caused by playing with matc - KMOV.com

Child hospitalized after fire likely caused by playing with matches

Posted: Updated:
A child is in the hospital after a fire at a St. Louis apartment building in the 1500 block of Cochran Place on Saturday. (Credit: KMOV) A child is in the hospital after a fire at a St. Louis apartment building in the 1500 block of Cochran Place on Saturday. (Credit: KMOV)
ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOV.com) -

A child is in the hospital after a fire at a St. Louis apartment building on Saturday. 

Fire crews were dispatched to the 1500 block of Cochran Place following reports of a fire on the second floor of the building. Preliminary reports say the fire may have been caused by the child playing with matches or a lighter. 

The child was taken to an area hospital with serious burns, but is expected to make a full recovery.

The St. Louis Fire Department later took to Twitter to advise parents that matches and lighters are not toys, and should be kept out of the reach of children.

Copyright 2017 KMOV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Watch News 4 Now

Mouse over player for controls · LAUNCH FULL PLAYER

Powered by Frankly