Arnold man says new laptop battery exploded right next to his da - KMOV.com

Arnold man says new laptop battery exploded right next to his daughter

Posted: Updated:
A laptop battery exploded next to David Bollmann's daughter. Credit: KMOV A laptop battery exploded next to David Bollmann's daughter. Credit: KMOV
ARNOLD, Mo. (KMOV.com) -

David Bollmann said his New Year’s started off with a bang.

“It sounded like a hand grenade going off,” said Bollmann.

He said he just gave his 7-year-daughter a laptop for Christmas, and just bought a battery for it online.  Bollmann said the battery exploded next to her.  Luckily her twin sister left the room seconds before it happened.

“The laptop sat here. The explosion came out the left. :00 went across the child's white board, it caught fire to that,” said Bollmann.

“We ran immediately into the room and Hailee, my daughter, was pounding on her chest. I was trying to get out of her what happened. At that point I realized there was a laptop next to her on fire.”

Bollmann said it was an even more horrifying sight was seeing burn marks on his daughter's shirt.

“In that process, we checked out my child and she has a burn on her elbow.  She’s lucky and fortunate that was all the damage done to her,” said Bollmann.

He wants others to know that this could happen to them and to think twice before placing on your lap.

Copyright 2017 KMOV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Watch News 4 Now

Mouse over player for controls · LAUNCH FULL PLAYER

Powered by Frankly