Carol Hurst from Olde Town Spice Shoppe shows us an easy recipe for Elf Cakes.
· 4 tbsp all purpose flour
· 1/4 tsp baking powder
· 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
· 3 tbsp fat free milk
· 3 tsp granulated sugar
· 1/4 tsp peppermint extract or flavor
· 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
· 1 drop of red food coloring
· Elf Dust and a peppermint stick for decoration
1. Add all ingredients except food coloring into an oversized microwave safe mug. Mix until batter is smooth. Add in one drop of food coloring. Using a fork, gently swirl until red swirls form, but stopping before cake batter turns completely red. This will make the peppermint swirl look.
2. Cook in microwave for about 1 minute or until done. Top with sprinkles of Elf Dust and a peppermint stick for decoration.
Makes one Elf Cake