Cody Long from Olde Town Spice Shoppe tells us all about the varieties, benefits, and uses for honey.
Recipe: Baked Honey Hot Wings
· 1/4 c. low-sodium soy sauce
· 3 tbsp. honey
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· Juice of 1 lime
· 1 tsp. chili paste
· 2 tbsp. sesame oil
· 1 tbsp. cornstarch
· 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
· Sesame seeds, for garnish
· Scallions, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Make glaze: In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, garlic, lime juice, Sriracha, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, and cornstarch.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Sear chicken and let cook until golden, 4 minutes, then flip and let cook 4 minutes more. Pour over glaze and transfer to oven.
3. Bake until chicken is cooked through, 25 minutes. Heat broiler.
4. Spoon glaze over chicken and broil 2 minutes. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.