7 dead, 9 injured in shootings in St. Louis over Fourth of July - KMOV.com


7 dead, 9 injured in shootings in St. Louis over Fourth of July weekend

Posted: Updated:
3 people were shot in the 4200 block of W. Page on July 4. Credit: KMOV 3 people were shot in the 4200 block of W. Page on July 4. Credit: KMOV

ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) – Seven people are dead and another nine were injured during a violent Fourth of July weekend across St. Louis.

The first shooting of the weekend occurred in the 1500 block of North 13th Street around 2:45 a.m. Saturday. Police said they found a man conscious and breathing after being shot. They took him to the hospital in an unknown condition.

Around 11:30 p.m., 65-year-old Versa Johnson was pronounced dead after being found with gunshot wounds in the 4100 block of Enright. An investigation revealed Johnson and a 23-year-old woman were shot by two unknown suspects after parking their vehicle. 

A 17-year-old and 14-year-old were injured during a drive-by shooting in the 3000 block of Solway around 6:10 p.m. Sunday. 

Monday morning, a man in his 40’s was taken to the hospital in stable condition after being found with gunshot wounds in the 2400 block of Laflin Street in north St. Louis.

Around noon on Monday, police were called to the 4200 block of West Page Avenue after two people were killed and one was injured after being shot while getting out of an SUV.

More than 50 shell casings were found at the shooting scene, police said.

Around 10:30 p.m. Monday, two men were shot in the 1400 block of Lasalle in South City.  One of the men, later identified as Terrenzalo Walker, 22, was pronounced dead at the scene and the other, an 18-year-old man, was taken to a hospital in critical, stable condition.

Around 11:30 p.m., an 18-year-old was listed in stable condition after being shot near South Grand and Gravois.

Shortly after midnight Tuesday, a 37-year-old man was shot in the leg while in the 1200 block of North Kingshighway. He was taken to the hospital and listed in stable condition.

Tuesday morning just after 1 a.m. a 24-year-old man arrived at an area hospital after being shot between 10:15 and 10:30 p.m. in the 3500 block of Minnesota. He was listed in stabled condition.

Less than three hours later police were called to an apparent murder-suicide inside a residence in the 5500 block of Era in North City. When police arrived, they found three victims lifeless inside the residence. Police have identified the victims as Reginald Wilkes, 59, and Eunice Cain, 60.  According to police, Kenneth Murray, 44, of the 4200 block of Penrose, shot Wilkes, who was his stepfather, and Cain who was his mother, before turning the gun on himself. The victims and suspect were pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

All investigations are ongoing.

No information regarding suspects has been released.

Copyright 2016 KMOV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly