Officials: Fire started when stove left on after man lit cigaret - KMOV.com

Officials: Fire started when stove left on after man lit cigarette

Posted: Updated:
A home in the 10800 block of Glen Garry caught fire in North County Tuesday (Credit: KMOV) A home in the 10800 block of Glen Garry caught fire in North County Tuesday (Credit: KMOV)

ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. (KMOV.com) – A home sustained major damage after one of the occupants left the stove on after lighting a cigarette Tuesday morning, officials said.

Two adults and four children were inside the home, located in the 10800 block of Glen Garry in north St. Louis County, when it caught fire around 4:15 a.m.

All of the home’s occupants were able to make it out safely after they were alerted by smoke detectors, according to the fire department. 

Copyright 2016 KMOV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved

Watch News 4 Now

Mouse over player for controls · LAUNCH FULL PLAYER

Powered by Frankly