3 recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning in Alton - KMOV.com

3 recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning in Alton

Posted: Updated:
ALTON, Ill. (KMOV.com) -

Three Alton residents were hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning Monday, according to authorities.

Alton Fire Chief Bernie Sebold said an emergency crew found the trio sick inside a home undergoing renovations on Belle Street.

Two people were unresponsive when paramedics arrived to the scene and were taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital, police said. 

Police found a gas generator running power to utilities in the home, but said the residents did not have a occupancy permit to live there during renovations.

All three victims are recovering.

Watch News 4 Now

Mouse over player for controls · LAUNCH FULL PLAYER

Powered by Frankly