Flash fire reported in SLU medical building morgue - KMOV.com

Flash fire reported in SLU medical building morgue

Posted: Updated:
Firefighters respond to Dorthy Hall on a report of a flash fire Monday afternoon Firefighters respond to Dorthy Hall on a report of a flash fire Monday afternoon

ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOV.com) – A morgue run by St. Louis University was the scene of a flash fire in South City Monday afternoon.

The fire started in the morgue's boiler room just after noon. The morgue is in Dorothy Hall, which is part of the SLU medical school, in the 1400 block of South Grand.

People inside the building told News 4's Russell Kinsaul that they felt the building shake and noticed some of the bricks had moved slightly. Fire department officials are inspecting the building to make sure it is safe for employees to enter.

The crematory inside the building is fueled by natural gas, but it is not yet known if that was the cause of the explosion.

According to fire officials, no injuries were reported.

Powered by Frankly