Great for your heart and soul, this low-fat lasagna offers a new take on a time-honored comfort food.
½ pound cooked lasagna noodles, cooked in unsalted water
¾ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
1 ½ cups cottage cheese, fat-free
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 ½ cups raw zucchini, sliced
2 ½ cups low-sodium tomato sauce
2 tsp basil, dried
2 tsp oregano, dried
¼ cup onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1/8 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9- by 13-inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine 1/8 cup mozzarella and 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese with all the cottage cheese. Mix well and set aside.
4. Combine tomato sauce with remaining ingredients. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Add a third of the noodles in a single layer. Spread half of the cottage cheese mixture on top. Add a layer of zucchini.
5. Repeat layering. Add a thin coating of sauce. Top with noodles, sauce, and reserved cheese mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
6. Bake 30 to 40 minutes. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Total Fat: 5 g
Calcium: 31% Daily Value
Protein: 15 g