Girl, 7, killed in St. Louis house fire identified; 6-year-old c - KMOV.com

Girl, 7, killed in St. Louis house fire identified; 6-year-old critical

Posted: Updated:
Two children were inside a home in the 3960 block of North Florissant when it caught fire just after 5:00 a.m. Friday By Stephanie Baumer Two children were inside a home in the 3960 block of North Florissant when it caught fire just after 5:00 a.m. Friday By Stephanie Baumer
Two children were inside a home in the 3960 block of North Florissant when it caught fire just after 5:00 a.m. Friday By Stephanie Baumer Two children were inside a home in the 3960 block of North Florissant when it caught fire just after 5:00 a.m. Friday By Stephanie Baumer
Two children were inside a home in the 3960 block of North Florissant when it caught fire just after 5:00 a.m. Friday By Stephanie Baumer Two children were inside a home in the 3960 block of North Florissant when it caught fire just after 5:00 a.m. Friday By Stephanie Baumer
Two children were inside a home in the 3960 block of North Florissant when it caught fire just after 5:00 a.m. Friday By Stephanie Baumer Two children were inside a home in the 3960 block of North Florissant when it caught fire just after 5:00 a.m. Friday By Stephanie Baumer

ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) – A 7-year-old girl was killed and a 6-year-old girl is in critical condition after an early morning house fire in north St. Louis.

The two girls were inside a home in the 3960 block of North 21st Street when it caught fire just after 5:00 a.m.

When firefighters entered the home, they say they heard the children screaming. Firefighters were able to locate the children and bring them out of the burning home. 

Both children were transported to an area hospital after being pulled from the home, but Cadis Strong was pronounced dead at the hospital.

"The worst call you can get as a battalion chief is a report of a fire in a building with children trapped," said Fire Chief Dennis Jenkerson. "The City of St. Louis Firefighters and all the firefighters in the region when that's received, they go beyond everything they've ever done in their career."

Two adults were treated for minor smoke inhalation.

Firefighters believe the blaze was caused by two space heaters that were plugged into the same outlet. 

Powered by Frankly