St. Louis man dies in fire caused by hot plate - KMOV.com

St. Louis man dies in fire caused by hot plate

Posted: Updated:
By Brendan Marks By Brendan Marks

   ST. LOUIS (AP) -- A St. Louis man is dead from a fire caused by a hot plate used to heat his home.

Fire officials say the unidentified man died in a second-story fire at his north St. Louis home Thursday morning, when the temperature in the city hovered in the single digits and low teens.

The fire is believed to have started in the man's bedroom. The home lacked working utilities and was not equipped with a smoke detector.

Fire Captain Garon Mosby said that three other people died overnight Wednesday and early Thursday from fires linked to alternative heating sources such as hot plates and space heaters.

 

 

Powered by Frankly