UNIVERSITY CITY, Mo. (KMOV.com) – A great grandmother and her two great grandchildren were killed during a late night fire in University City.
According to firefighters, the blaze broke out at a home in the 1000 block of Roth around 10:00 p.m.
Fire officials say Kaliyah Dunger, 6, Trevion Dunger, 4, and Mamie Williams, 78, were pronounced dead after being rescued from the burning home.
Firefighters said all three victims were on the second floor when the fire started.
Fire officials say seven people, four adults and three kids, were inside the home when the fire started.
The fire was extinguished around 10:30 p.m.
A University City fire official said it appears the cause of the fire was due to a space heater that was located in an enclosed porch on the side of the house. Firefighters say there were no working smoke detectors inside the home at the time of the fire.
The family set up a GoFundMe page to help pay for burying the children. Click here to view the page.