Free Tax Help includes E-File -

Free Tax Help includes E-File

Posted: Updated:
By Lakisha Jackson By Lakisha Jackson

Over the last week, I've fielded several calls and emails from people who are struggling to pay their bills....and pay someone to prepare their income taxes.

For people who are filing returns and have a household income of less than $49,000 in 2009, can get free tax help here:

Look at the schedule closely and call 211 in Missouri or 1-800-427-4626 in Illinois to get more information.  Some sessions are set aside for taxpayers 60 years old and older.

The IRS also offers information about other free, in-person tax preparation services at this website:

If you make less than $48,000 a year, the IRS offices in St. Louis offer in-person tax services.  Check out the contact information on its website, but be sure and click on the "services provided" links for each office to determine if it can help you:,,id=98292,00.html

If you make less than $57,000 a year, the IRS can connect you with free, on-line services here:,,id=118986,00.html  (Keep in mind that there may be small fees for e-filing and state returns)

Powered by Frankly