MARYVILLE, Ill. (KMOV.com) -- Two adults were injured in an apparent home explosion in Maryville, Illinois Monday evening.
Fire crews were dispatched to an explosion at a home in the 800 block of Troy Road. Relatives tell News 4 a man was attempting to light a water heater after a propane delivery when the house caught fire. When firefighters arrived, flames were seen shooting through the roof.
Four children, ages 4, 6, 11, and 13, were not injured.
Both adults suffered burns and were taken to a St. Louis hospital. Their conditions are not known.