Firefighter injured after lit candles start house fire in Metro - KMOV.com

Firefighter injured after lit candles start house fire in Metro East

Posted: Updated:
By Brendan Marks By Brendan Marks
By Brendan Marks By Brendan Marks
By Brendan Marks By Brendan Marks
By Brendan Marks By Brendan Marks
By Brendan Marks By Brendan Marks

(KMOV) – Authorities say a firefighter was treated for smoke inhalation after lit candles started a house fire in Madison, Ill. Monday night.

Officials say the fire started at a home in the 1600 block of 6th St. around 11:40 p.m.

Fire crews responded to the scene and quickly got the flames under control. The injured firefighter was treated at the scene.

Firefighters say they believe the fire started from the lit candles, which were being used as a light source since electricity had recently been shut off at the home. 

Powered by Frankly