The Band Perry, Bonnie Raitt among performers headlining 2014 Fair St. Louis
By Brendan Marks
NEW ORLEANS - JULY 05: Recording artist Musiq Soulchild performs during the 2008 Essence Music Festival at the Louisiana Superdome on July 5, 2008 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Sean Gardner/Getty Images) By Sean Gardner
NEW YORK, NY - JUNE 20: Matt Nathanson performs during the MTV, VH1, CMT & LOGO 2013 O Music Awards on June 20, 2013 in New York City. (Photo by Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images) By Jamie McCarthy
(KMOV) – Fair St. Louis officials on Tuesday announced the musical line-up for this year’s event, which will be held in Forest Park.
Representatives gathered at the Living World Building in the St. Louis Zoo to announce Bonnie Raitt, The Band Perry, The Fray and Musiq Soulchild will be among this year's headlining music performers.
Rounding out the headline entertainers will be Gavin Degraw, Matt Nathanson, Mary Lambert, Capitol Cities and The Neighborhood.
The celebration of the V.P. Parade in Forest Park will kick-off with the 2nd Annual Parade Town Party. Parade Town was newly-unveiled last year and drew thousands from the St. Louis Louis region to celebrate the beginning of the fair that starts the next morning with the V.P. Parade.
Fair St. Louis relocated to Forest Park this year from the grounds of the Gateway Arch because a $380 million renovation of the area will be in full swing in July.
Here is a complete schedule of events:
Thursday, July 3, beginning at 5 p.m.
- Fair Saint Louis Opens with Presentation of Colors by a Color Guard from one of the Commands at Scott Air Force Base and a performance by the USAF Band of Mid-America’s Hot Brass Band as part of the Post Foods Parade Town experience
- Performance by Smash Band
- Performance by The Band Perry
Friday, July 4, beginning at 8:30 a.m.
· Three World Record attempts, all sponsored by Post Foods
· 132nd annual Veiled Prophet Parade steps off at 10 a.m.
· Fair Saint Louis kicks-off at noon
· Evening performances by Gavin DeGraw, Matt Nathanson and Mary Lambert, followed by Bonnie Raitt
Saturday, July 5, beginning at 7 a.m.
· Schnucks Freedom 4 Miler & Family Fun Run, organized and produced in conjunction with the St. Louis Sports Commission
· Fair Saint Louis kicks off at noon
· Webster University’s Salute to the Troops
· Performances by Musiq Soulchild, Capital Cities and The Neighbourhood, leading up to The Fray