CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) – The University of Iowa may top the list of the nation’s top party schools but the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign isn’t far behind.
Illinois’ flagship university comes in at No. 3 on the list that The Princeton Review released on Monday. The list is determined by a nationwide survey.
Click the gallery to the right to get a look at the rest of the schools.
The campus’ party reputation is enhanced by a single annual event, Unofficial St. Patrick’s Day or, simply, Unofficial. It’s when thousands converge for a day of drinking at parties and in bars. Local police ticket hundreds every year.
Students age 19 can enter bars in Champaign and age 18 in Urbana.
The organization also released its “stone-cold sober schools” list led again this year by Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah; and followed by Wheaton College in Wheaton.
Here is the complete list of the top party schools:
1. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
2. University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.
3. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Ill.
4. West Virginia University, Morgantown W.V.
5. Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
6. University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
7. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
8. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wis.
9. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
10. Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pa.
11. University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
12. Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
13. DePauw University, Greencastle, Ind.
14. University of Mississippi, University, Miss.
15. University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
16. Miami University of Ohio, Oxford, Ohio
17. University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
18. Tulane University, New Orleans, La.
19. University of Vermont, Burlington, Vt.
20. University of Oregon, Eugene, Ore.