Ted Drewes evacuated after electrical fire sparks on roof - KMOV.com

Ted Drewes evacuated after electrical fire sparks on roof

Posted: Updated:
By Elizabeth Eisele By Elizabeth Eisele
By Elizabeth Eisele By Elizabeth Eisele
By Elizabeth Eisele By Elizabeth Eisele
By Elizabeth Eisele By Elizabeth Eisele

(KMOV.com) -- Firefighters were called to Ted Drewes Frozen Custard in south St. Louis Sunday morning after an electrical fire caused employees to evacuate the building.

Authorities said employees arrived at work at 11 a.m. when they smelled smoke and called 911.

Firefighters said they believe the fire started on the roof and caused only minor damage to the building.

The Ted Drewes Chippewa location closed after the fire, but said they will reopen Monday morning at 11 a.m. per usual.

Stay tuned to News 4 and KMOV.com for further updates. 

Powered by Frankly