Collinsville brush fire sparked by burning trash - KMOV.com

Collinsville brush fire sparked by burning trash

(KMOV) – In Collinsville, investigators say a brush fire was sparked by a home owner burning trash on Tuesday.

Smoke was still smoldering on Wednesday.

Winds kicked up the sparks, causing the fire to spread.

The assistant fire chief says their biggest challenge was getting water.

Firefighters remind residents that burning shrubs and leaves is never a good idea, especially when it’s windy.

Powered by Frankly