(KMOV) -- A Metro-East man called firefighters to his home after finding smoke coming from one of his children’s bedrooms.
It happened around 4:00 a.m. on Wednesday at a home on Fairview Heights Drive in Fairview Heights, Illinois.
According to the fire department, the man was watching television when he smelled smoke. He went into one of his children’s bedrooms and saw smoke.
The man and his family were able to get out of the home safely.
Fire officials say the home has substantial smoke damage.
No word yet on what sparked the flames.