Wainwright, Molina finalists for gold gloves - KMOV.com

Wainwright, Molina finalists for gold gloves

Posted: Updated:
By Daniel Greenwald By Daniel Greenwald

(BaseballStL) – Catcher Yadier Molina and pitcher Adam Wainwright are finalists for the 2014 Rawlings Gold Glove Award.

Molina has won the award six years in a row. Wainwright was awarded a gold glove in 2013 and 2009.

The award is given to player deemed to be best fielder at his position. The finalists are determined by two components. 75 percent of the formula is determined by voting from coaches and managers, the remaining 25 percent is determined by statistics.

For the entire list of finalists, click here.

Powered by Frankly