RAYMOND, Ill. (KMOV.com) – Firefighters said three boy scouts and one female scout leader had to be taken to a hospital after being burned while performing an experiment near a high school in Raymond, Illinois Monday night.
Firefighters said a group of boy scouts were performing an experiment outside Lincolnwood High School when chemicals flashed up and burned them.
All three boys, who are between the ages of 9 and 11, were airlifted to a hospital and sustained burns to their faces. The adult female victim was taken by ambulance to a hospital and released.
According to police, the group was experimenting with heat gas line anti-freeze and borax acid, attempting to make a blue flume. They say this was the group’s third attempt at making the blue flume and they increased the ingredients.
Raymond is located about 70 miles northeast of St. Louis.