Chesterfield fire leaves one person hospitalized - KMOV.com

Chesterfield fire leaves one person hospitalized

Posted: Updated:
By KMOV Web Producer By KMOV Web Producer
By KMOV Web Producer By KMOV Web Producer
By KMOV Web Producer By KMOV Web Producer
By KMOV Web Producer By KMOV Web Producer
By KMOV Web Producer By KMOV Web Producer

(KMOV)-- A fire in Chesterfield sent one person to the hospital.

This happened at the Manors of Broadmoor condos off of Baxter Road in Chesterfield, which caught fire around 9 a.m. Tuesday.

Authorities said the fire started on the first floor and spread to the second floor. The sprinkler system in the building was triggered, containing the fire. The cause of the fire is uncertain, but it appears to be due to a case of careless smoking.

Two people suffered from smoke inhalation, including one who was sent to an area hospital. Eighteen other residents were evacuated to nearby Parkway West Middle School.

The condos are owned mostly by senior citizens. The building suffered heavy smoke and water damage.

For breaking news alerts, text KMOVNEWS to 21321

...

Have you seen the forecast for tomorrow?
Get the latest St. Louis weather forecast

 

KMOV.com on Facebook

Powered by Frankly