Father dead, son hospitalized after possible carbon monoxide poisoning - KMOV.com

Father dead, son hospitalized after possible carbon monoxide poisoning

(KMOV) -- One man is dead and another man has been hospitalized following a possible carbon monoxide poisoning. Early Saturday morning, the Madison County Sheriff's Office responded to a 911 call in the 5800 block of State Route 4 in Alhambra, Illinois. The call reported two male subjects found unresponsive inside a camper.  

According to police, 56-year-old Galen Underhill and his son were staying in the camper, on the property of an acquaintance, with the intentions of going turkey hunting Saturday morning. The acquaintance found the two unresponsive males in the camper and called, prompting him to call police. Police say the preliminary cause of death appears to be from carbon monoxide inhalation and that a propane heater warming the camper they were sleeping in could be possible explanation as to the cause. Further testing will be done before issuing a final a cause of death.

Underhill and his son were transported from the scene to an area hospital where Underhill was later pronounced dead. His son was flown by helicopter to St. Luke's Hospital in St. Louis.

Authorities want to test for carbon monoxide and do other standard toxicological tests before issuing a final cause of death.

want to have Further testing for carbon monoxide as well as routine toxicological testing will be performed before issuing a final cause of death

 

For breaking news alerts, text KMOVNEWS to 21321

...

Have you seen the forecast for tomorrow?
Get the latest St. Louis weather forecast

 

KMOV.com on Facebook

Powered by Frankly