(KMOV.com) – Police say drugs may be a factor in the death of a 28-year-old man who was found unresponsive by a family member at his home in Belleville Monday morning.
Authorities responded to the house in the first block of Westbury Dr. around 8:30 a.m. and found the victim unconscious and not breathing. Officers on the scene attempted CPR until EMS crews arrived.
The victim was then transported to the hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
According to police, items located at the scene indicated drugs could have been a factor in his death. Belleville police said a toxicology report would help determine the official cause.
The latest death marks the fourth case of apparent drug overdose between Madison and St. Clair counties over the past five days.
Police are still investigating.