1. HOW LAWMAKERS SPENT THE DAY BEFORE THREATENED TREASURY DEFAULT
Hour after hour in Congress is taken up by secret meetings and frenzied maneuvering.
2. FITCH PLACES US CREDIT RATING ON NEGATIVE WATCH
Even with a higher debt limit, the agency says "reduced financing flexibility" could lead to a default.
3. IRAN PRESENTS NEW NUCLEAR PROPOSAL
The plan offers reductions in the number of centrifuges and the amount of uranium that is being enriched, a source tells the AP.
4. OBAMA PRESENTS AFGHAN VET WITH MEDAL OF HONOR
William D. Swenson, recognized for bravery in a battle against Taliban insurgents in 2009, now wants to return to active duty.
Download the KMOV mobile app for iPhone | iPad | Droid
5. ALLEGED TERRORIST CAPTURED IN LIBYA PLEADS NOT GUILTY IN NYC
The case renews debate about whether it's best to try terror suspects in military or civilian courts.
6. SHERIFF: GIRL'S TORMENTOR ARRESTED AFTER FACEBOOK BOAST
A teen said to be primarily responsible for bullying a classmate who then committed suicide brags about it online. She and a 12-year-old now face charges of stalking.
7. BOOKER'S NJ SENATE CAMPAIGN BUMPY
While still safely ahead in most polls, the Newark mayor has faced sustained criticism ahead of Wednesday's special election.
8. WHY ALL TRACES OF CONN. SCHOOL ARE BEING ERADICATED
The goal during demolition of the site of the Sandy Hook shootings will be to prevent exploitation of any remnants of the building, an official says.
9. TIP SENDS ATF TO WEAPONS AT ARIZONA RANCH
A raid nets dozens of weapons, ammunition and two convicted felons from a notorious family that once aimed to set up a whites-only nation.
10. WHERE A RARE SEA CREATURE WAS DISCOVERED
A woman snorkeling off the Southern California coast finds the carcass of an 18-foot oarfish -- a deep-water species that can grow up to 50-feet long.