COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) -- Illinois-based Mead Johnson says another batch of tests done on its Enfamil Premium Newborn infant formula found no trace of the bacteria tied to the death of a Missouri baby.
Preliminary hospital tests indicated 10-day-old Avery Cornett died December 18th of a rare infection caused by bacteria known as Cronobacter sakazakii. The source of the bacteria hasn't been determined, but it can be found in powdered formula.
Avery had consumed Enfamil Newborn formula.
National retailers including Wal-Mart Stores Incorporated, Walgreens., Kroger and Safeway have since pulled a batch of the powdered infant formula from their shelves.
The Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and the Missouri Department of Health are investigating Avery's death.