85-Year-old man dies after being rescued from burning Alton home - KMOV.com

85-Year-old man dies after being rescued from burning Alton home

(KMOV) -- An 85-year-old man rescued from his Alton home late Thursday afternoon after it had caught fire has died.

John Ammons lived in a split level home on Augusta Street with his three grown children.  His children tried to get the him out of the house but couldn't because of the thick smoke.

Firefighters were able to bring him out to safety. He was transported to an area hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.  There is no definitve cause of death.

The Alton Deputy Fire Chief says the man was unresponsive when they transported him. 
 
Funeral arrangements are incomplete at this time, but are under the direction of Cathy Williams and Sons Funeral Home of Alton.

 

Powered by Frankly