(KMOV) – The seemingly sudden death of a 25-day-old baby is raising eyebrows in light of the recent public health investigation into infant milk contamination.
On Wednesday morning, dispatchers received a report of an infant not breathing. The baby was taken to the hospital in cardiac arrest. She was pronounced dead. She has been identified as Ivyionna Ayne Marie Pinnix.
According to a press release from the Madison County coroner, the infant reportedly woke up Wednesday morning, appeared congested and then stopped breathing.
An autopsy did not reveal any indication of foul play. The child was born four months premature, and investigators are looking to see if congenital or developments defects played a role in the infant’s death. They are also taking the recent infant milk contamination investigation into consideration.