(KMOV)—Laclede Gas was called to the Village Square Shopping Center in Hazelwood after a gas pipe was damaged early Thursday morning.
Apartment complex residents near the shopping center called in to report smelling gas in the area around midnight and Laclede Gas arrived on scene to find a main pipe damaged and leaking gas.
Laclede shut off the meter that fed gas into the damaged pipe, and fixed the leakage.
No one was evacuated from the shopping center or nearby government building. No injuries were reported.
The reason for the damaged pipe was not given.