Chocolate Chanukah Gelt Wontons
·Wonton wrappers (found in the produce section of the supermarket)
·Chocolate coins (large size, 1 ½ "), foil wrapper removed
·Butter, melted or butter flavored non-stick cooking spray
·Cinnamon sugar ( ½ cup sugar + 1 tablespoon cinnamon), for sprinkling
·Round cookie cutters (large size, 3")
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Lay out desired amount of wonton wrappers on a work space. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush wonton wrapper with water. Place a chocolate coin in the center of each wonton wrapper.
3. Place another wonton wrapper over the chocolate and press the edges to seal. With a round cookie cutter press down and cut out a round, discarding the extra dough. Make sure edges are still sealed.
4. Brush melted butter onto both sides of the wonton or generously spray with butter-flavor PAM and sprinkle thoroughly with cinnamon sugar, completely coating the wonton with both butter and sugar mixture.
5. Bake 10 minutes until the cinnamon sugar has melted and has started to caramelize. Let cool slightly before eating.
Alternately, you can heat equal parts canola oil and butter or margarine and fry in a pan: Put oil and butter in a pan and preheat to medium heat. Put in wontons and cook 3 minutes on the first side and 2 minutes on the second. Remove from pan and immediately place in cinnamon sugar mixture coating it thoroughly.