Local high school dismisses students early after boil failure - KMOV.com

Local high school dismisses students early after boil failure

Posted: Updated:
By Stephanie Baumer By Stephanie Baumer

ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) – Students at Northwest Law Academy were dismissed early after a boiler failure caused carbon monoxide to leak Monday morning.

According to St. Louis City Fire Department Capt. Garon Mosby, a carbon monoxide alarm went off at the school around 8:20 a.m. All students were removed from the area of the alarm and placed into the gym while crews located the source.

According to the school, the main boiler failed which activated the backup boiler which caused the carbon monoxide detector to go off.

 

Due to the cold weather and the lack of a working boiler to provide heat the building, the school made a decision to dismiss students at noon. 

Powered by Frankly