2 Dead, 3 injured after violent night in St. Louis - KMOV.com

2 Dead, 3 injured after violent night in St. Louis

Posted: Updated:
By Stephanie Baumer By Stephanie Baumer

St. Louis, Mo. (KMOV) – Authorities are investigating after five separate violent incidents left two people dead and three others injured overnight in the St. Louis-area.  

Otis Lee Jackson, 62, was killed when he was stabbed in the neck in the 5900 block of Theodore at 11:17 p.m. Saturday night. Police said Jackson and his live-in girlfriend were involved in a domestic dispute when he was stabbed.

Authorities said when they arrived at the home Jackson was seated at the front of the residence with several witnesses surrounding him and applying pressure to the stab wound. The victim was taken to a hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

Fifteen minutes later a 33-year-old man was found sitting on the front steps of a home in the 2700 block of Thomas with a gunshot wound to the side of his head, two gunshot wounds to the chest and a gunshot wound to his armpit.

Police said the man was taken to a hospital and is listed in serious condition. Authorities said the victim did not provide any information about the incident to officers.

The third violent act happened around 1:50 a.m. on Sunday when an 18-year-old man was traveling on Lenore K. Sullivan with his girlfriend when he heard a gunshot and felt pain in his shoulder. The victim drove to the 200 block of Dr. ML King, exited his vehicle and contacted officers.

He was taken to an area hospital which he left against medical advice. Police said the victim refused to provide any information about the incident.

Minutes later a man was at Laclede’s Landing near 2nd Street when he was shot in the back. He was transported to a local hospital in stable condition.


The fifth violent act of the night occurred when a female was killed around 2:30 a.m. Police said she was shot three times in the head in the 3900 block of St. Louis Ave. 

Powered by Frankly