Spinach and Arugula Salmon Salad
With pine nuts, goat cheese and grape tomatoes with red wine vinaigrette.
4 - 4oz salmon fillets (skin off and de-boned)
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 pound of fresh spinach
1 oz of fresh baby arugula
1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1/2 cup grape tomatoes (cut in half)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon honey
1) In a medium bowl mix red wine vinegar, garlic, and basil. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Finish with honey, and salt and pepper to taste
2) Season both side of salmon fillets with salt and pepper
3) Heat a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of Extra virgin olive oil on medium high heat
4) Place salmon fillets non-skin side down first into skillet for approximately 2 minutes
5) Flip salmon to skin side down, sear for another 2 - 3 minutes for a nice medium. Cook each side a little longer if you want the salmon more done.
6) In a large bowl place spinach and arugula. Toss with red wine vinaigrette. Top with pine nuts, goat cheese, tomatoes and salmon.
Pine nuts, and salmon are wonderful foods for your heart. Salmon is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and pine nuts contain pinolenic acid, a fatty acid that stimulates the body to produce natural appetite suppressants.